Monday, June 28, 2010

Washington DC

I recently got back from a trip that was SO MUCH FUN! It was pretty much amazing, & I'll get the pics up here soon, but first I have to load them onto my computer & photo shop & what not! ;) haha! So anyways, here's my awesome trip:

Day 1: got up at 2:30! blecho! had to be at sandcreek at 3 so we could drive to Salt Lake. From there, we flew to Atlanta Georgia, and then to Baltimore Maryland and took a bus into DC. Long day, filled with much sleeping!

Day 2: We went to Arlington, Holocaust Museum, & the Archives. Arlington has about a billion graves of soldiers, all in perfect rows no matter what way you look at them. It was cool beans. Then we went to the Holocaust museum, and this cranky old lady really didn't like Kinzie, (haha) and so we tried avoiding her. It's pretty insane how horrible Hitler was. Sad day.

Day 3: We got to head our own separate ways to the local museums. Me, Normanders, & Megan, went to the Air & Space, Natural History, & American History. It was pretty fun. We saw rocket ships, the biggest diamond in the world (not super impressive), the Declaration of Independence, Dorothy's Ruby Slippers, & Kermit the Frog!!!! After that we went on a bus tour to see all the monuments. When we got out for one of them, it started POURING! WE got back on the bus totally soaked, and I accidentally sat on Kinzie's glasses and they were so crooked, we could not stop laughing!

Day 4: Took a tour of the capitol building, and then saw... THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!! Yes, I walked where the President has walked! It was so fun, but somewhat scary because there are guys walking around with guns so big, it seems like the bullet would be as big as your head! AH! One guy came out of this building really fast, & I totally thought I was going to get shot. I just froze, & then he turned around & left, so while I was having a heart attack, Brittany & Tyler were laughing hysterically. Real funny guys. After our White house experience, we went to the National Spy museum.

Day 5: Took a tour of Mount Vernon (George Washington's House, for those of you failing history) which was really fun. We took a boat there! (gasp!) Then we went to Ford's Theater (where Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth) and that was cool, because I like Lincoln, so again, sad day. Megan & me ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. Delish! They have phenomenal nachos!

Day 6: Tour of Jamestown. I'm sorry Mrs. Bailey, but I can't see how this was your favorite. Some of the guys were cool, I will admit, but a couple of things were kinda slow. Glass factory was sweet! It takes talent to do that! Spinning hot glass to make cups, that was cool. Then we went to Yorktown, & our tour guide was really cool! Me, Megan, Tyler D, Carter R, & Alex C, all had to get in a tent, and we could barely fit standing up! Outr tour guide told us that normally, that's how many would SLEEP there! (cruel joke if you ask me). Finally, the ghost tour of Williamsburg. Fun? Yeah! Scary? No, I hate to break it to you.

Day 7: BUSCH GARDENS!!!!!! Funnest theme park ever! From this experience, I officially love roller coasters! I went on some crazy rides, got soaking wet, and me, Megan, Kinzie, Marissa, & Brittany went BOY STALKING at the end! So fun! We scared those boys so bad, it was hilarious! We also saw some cool river dancers, & I think one of them was Katelyn's (Jones) soul mate!!!!!! He was tall & looked like Will from, RH! haha!

Day 8: Tour of Colonial Williamsburg! This day was way fun! We did an old fashioned court, which was cool stuff, we went to a tavern to eat, and me & my mom stomped bricks! (PS. one of the brick workers was SO CUTE! He had brown hair with slight curl, and bright blue eyes, probably 17 & definitely my future husband!) And we went to a zillion stores & I bought a harp!

Day 9: Monticello, also known as Jefferson's home, was very cool. Jefferson was CONSTANTLY thinking, he was a real smart guy. His house was cool, and big & I got to write in a quill! I officially suck at it too! :)

Day 10: Gettysburg! (Ghettosburg, & I wish it wasn't true, but...) guy that looked JUST LIKE LINCOLN spoke to us. That was cool & I got a picture with him! haha! We also toldghost stories in the Farnsworth Cellar. That however, was scary, and way cool. people's phones tunred on by themselves and our storyteller was SO FUNNY! He cracked me up! "If you get freaked out guys, you aren't going to say, 'Jeenkies! what was that!?!' you might use more creative words!" hahaha!

Day 11: Breakfast at Friendly's. I had a giant cinnamon roll, that was cut in half & the middel was full of ice cream. Yes, it was delish! Flight to salt lake, used an airplane bathroom for the first time & Alex tried to get me to open an airplane door, to the outside of the plane! Almost worked too! Bus ride home was miserable, because the bus driver refused to turn on the AC. but we arrived home, and within 4 hours, I was awake and off to Volleyball camp. :P

1 comment:

Megan said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Its so fun! <3 I loved DC! It was so much fun! I will never forget about the natural heater! :D
-Megan Randall! <3